9 February, 2016
How To Make Sausage and Spinach PennePosted in : Dinner on by : allison
Sausage and Spinach Penne
4-6 Serving Size
- 1/2 lb. of cooked sliced sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup of peas
- 1 1/2 cups penne pasta cooked according to package
- 10 oz. Alfredo sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 6 oz. thinly sliced mushrooms (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 large diced yellow onion
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. freshly chopped spinach
- Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a heavy 10 inch skillet over moderately high heat. Add the onion and stir until slightly soft (2 minutes). Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and basil. Cook over moderate heat stirring occasionally until the liquid evaporates (approx. 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- In a small skillet, place a tablespoon of vegetable oil and julienne sliced red onions. Cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan combine: sausage, red peppers, peas, caramelized onions, penne pasta, alfredo sauce, mushroom mixture, and fresh spinach. Mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy now or place into multiple Hot Logic compatible serving size containers. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or freezer for one month.
- If reheating, place container into the Hot Logic and wait for the light to turn red again.
You can replace the Alfredo recipe with your favorite canned Alfredo